The International Boundaries is structurally under the National Land Commission, but functions independently. This Unit is headed by a very senior Sectary who is supported by a small team of staff.
Functions of International Boundaries
- Maintaining and analyzing historical documents and important records and ensuring safe custody.
- Scrutinizing maps pertaining to the depiction of International Boundaries on maps published by adjoining countries, publishers and departments.
- Planning for joint inspections and verification of International Boundary.
- Control Surveying, relaying and construction of boundary pillars jointly with adjoining countries.
- Verifying and maintaining boundary pillars.
- Preparing and maintaining boundary strip maps.
- Participating in bilateral boundary meetings.