The Policy and planning services was formed in 2007 after the institution of the National Land Commission Secretariat. By the time this unit was formed the 10th Five Year Plan was already finalized. Initially, the unit was actively involved in the Commission support activities, execution of Danida funded project, formulation of land policy, monitoring and evaluation and many other important activities. Although policy and planning services are very crucial for the institutional development NLCS and enhancement of services this unit has not been able to develop beyond three planning and program officers.
Mandates and functions of Policy and Planning Services
- Policy and planning services
- Program services
- Translate division policies and priorities into to sector plans, programmes and policies in close collaboration with the GNHC.
- Prepare annual plan and budget in coordination with divisions and submit to the GNHC and MoF for approval.
- Coordinate and monitor the five year plans and programmes of the agency to achieve both the five year plans and long term development objectives of the country.
- Be the focal point for national and international policies pertaining to the Secretariat.
- Initiate and coordinate formulation of specific policies, Acts, by-laws, rules and regulations and guidelines based on analysis of needs.
- Be the focal point on cross-sectoral issues such as poverty, gender, NHD, MDG, environment, etc and assist the GNHC in preparation of regular reports.
- Coordinate with other Divisions in the organization as well as other sectors/ ministries.
- Publication of newsletters and flyers on the services and initiatives being undertaken.
- Prepare weekly work plan in coordination with divisions and submit to the Royal Secretariat.
- Compile quarterly progress report in coordination with division and submit to the Royal Secretariat.
- Coordinate Commission meeting and record the minutes.